Friday, February 14, 2014

Love = Mothers as Sisters and Friends

NPC Vice Chairman Donna King and I share a special bond with our mothers. We wear the same badge as our mothers, and this makes sisterhood special when mothers are also sorority sisters. Donna’s mother is Thrine Reed Crain, a member of Sigma Kappa. My mother is Marilyn Hudson Mermoud, a member of Chi Omega. Thrine and Marilyn met one another at the NPC annual meeting last October. It was wonderful to celebrate the installation as NPC officers with our mothers.

Growing up I had the benefit of my mother showing me how sorority membership adds value. My mother’s life was enriched through her friendships in Chi Omega. She encouraged me to give back because she had found so much joy in doing so. One of the greatest moments in my life was having my mother present at my initiation. I will be forever grateful for her friendship and her inspiration. 

On this Valentine’s Day, I pay tribute to our mothers — Thrine and Marilyn. They modeled the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment